Last night, we were in the mood for comfort food but without all the extra calories. I also needed to whip something up quick, so I decided to make my go to….a healthy, clean eating meatloaf! I used lean ground turkey and even added shredded carrots to the recipe. The carrots and zucchini keep the meatloaf extra moist and not dry. I kept the meal simple with sautéed spinach and sweet potatoes. We opted for no ketchup to keep it healthy, but you can always add ketchup to it….just like moms meatloaf recipe!
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup grated zucchini (I also add grated carrot too!)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder (do 1/2 tablespoon or less if you aren’t a fan of garlic)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients, either by hand or with a stand mixer until well combined.
- Put mixture in meatloaf pan. (I spray my pan with Pam so it doesn’t stick)
- Bake for 30 minutes.