I am a lover of good denim. My first job out of college was NY Showroom Manager at Lucky Brand Jeans. I basically lived and breathed denim over there. I did learn a lot about denim washes and styles. Almost like a wine connoisseur, I’m a denim connoisseur …jk! But I really do love a good pair of jeans. And when I find that great pair of jeans, I tend to stick to it. The thing with jeans and brands of jeans is that they fit different body types. I have more of an athletic body type and I need some stretch in the denim. If denim doesn’t stretch, it tends to not fit my body type. I have tried all the brands too. From high end to low end. I have splurged on great jeans too if they fit perfect. Jeans last for a long time so it is definitely a good investment! There are certain boxes I need to check before buying jeans. First, are they the right wash…meaning do they have the “worn in or worn out” look I’m going for. The last thing I want to buy is a pair of overly stone washed jeans…unless thats the look I want! Next, are they the right fit? Do they hug all the right curves and accentuate my tush. Length is sometimes hard to find. I tend to go for ankle lenth jeans because I’m 5’3″. If jeans are too long, I take them to get hemmed; however, if they have a raw hem, this could be tricky! And don’t be afraid to try on different styles to see how they fit and if you like them. I tend to stick to skinny jeans, but I’m loving the boyfriend style and wide leg too! Recently, I found some amazing pairs of jeans and I can’t wait to share them with you!
- I love these high waisted skinny jeans! They fit perfectly and hug every curve!
- As much as I love destroyed denim, everyone needs a good pair of non destroyed denim jeans. These are great and a perfect price point too!
- AG Jeans are my favorite splurge denim. Kinda pricey, but they last forever! I have had these exact jeans for 6 years! And they are still my fave!
- I kinda have a thing for overalls. This pair with a feminine blouse or fitted long sleeve tee would be super stylish….not tomboyish!
- Denim skirts are so classic and cool. This button up one is on point right now. Perfect with booties now and then sandals in the summer.
- White jeans are my JAM! I love them! And I wear them all year long. I don’t even care if it’s a fashion faux pas! These are super flattering with the high waist.
- Black jeans are the yin to my yang…literally. They are always a flattering color and so classic and cool. Dress them up or down all year long!
- Boyfriend jeans scream casual, cool, and comfy….my motto!! Love this pair!