It’s one of those rainy fall days here in the northeast. I actually don’t mind it since its been unseasonably warm and humid here. Finally its FALL! I turned off the AC and there is an amazing natural breeze in my home. Windows are open and I can hear the leaves on the trees rustling. Ahhh, I LOVE it! I decided to make a Pumpkin Cheesecake today because I am having all those fall feels. Of course that health nut inside me would feel super guilty making a real cheesecake so I went with a healthier version and it came out delicious! It’s much less dense than a real Italian cheesecake, but it’s lower in calories and still has all the pumpkin yumminess! It’s lighter and fluffier! I adapted the recipe from Skinnytaste.
Here is what you need:
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar/unpacked
- 4 oz of low fat/fat free cool whip
- 9 inch reduced-ft graham cracker crust
Here is what you do:
- In a bowl, whip cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add cool whip
- Spoon mixture into pie crust and chill for a few hours until firm.
SHOP THE POST