Growing up, I remember our home filled with homemade cookies and treats from neighbors and friends. Everyone would give trays of their families’ traditional baked goods. It was a favorite holiday memory of mine. My mom always baked delicious pumpkin, apple breads. The perfect flavors of the season! Fresh baked goods are great options as gifts for neighbors, family, friends, coworkers, hostess gifts, or anyone else! I use the small loaf pans so the recipe below can make about 5-6 mini loafs breads. Simple ribbon and festive tags and bows add the perfect touch! I found vintage ribbon on etsy and tiny personalized tags. So, if you are looking for a last minute gift and don’t want to break the bank, these apple, pumpkin breads are the perfect holiday gift. Enjoy!
Apple Pumpkin Bread Recipe
What you need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- 1 large baking apple, peeled, cored and diced
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
FOR THREE 8 X 4-INCH LOAF PANS:
PREPARE as above. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
FOR FIVE OR SIX 5 X 3-INCH MINI-LOAF PANS:
PREPARE as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.